CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: DTM Field Coordination Specialist (6 positions)
Duty Station: Kyiv, Vinnytsia, Dnipro (2 positions), Odesa, Lviv
Classification: General Service Staff, UG (2000 USD per month)
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 19 May 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
The war in Ukraine has led to the overspill of over half a million forcibly displaced persons to Poland. Each person has unique needs, and unique intentions. There is a need to assess those needs and the scale of displacement in Ukraine.
Under the overall supervision of Emergency and Stabilization Programme Coordinator and Programme Manager (Information Management & M&E Learning) and the direct supervision of the Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Programme Manager, the DTM Field Coordinator Specialist will be responsible for implementation of DTM activities in the framework of the overall IOM Ukaraine response.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support DTM Programme Officer in planning, coordination and monitoring DTM;
- Liaise with the authorities and other relevant entities to facilitate DTM activities;
- Implement DTM data collection activities, including the collection of the statistical information from the oblast administration on the number of Internally Displace Persons at the hromada level;
- Supervise and evaluate work of enumerators teams in the field;
- Undertake duty travel pertinent to the DTM activities;
- Act as DTM focal point at the local level for all information management related issues;
- Inform DTM Programme Manager about evolving movements, trends and humanitarian needs and make relevant recommendations to ensure the information collected is useful and relevant to all stakeholders;
- Report to DTM Programme Manager on implementation status, including the progress, irregularities and shortfalls;
- Participate in the revision of the tools/methodologies and training of the enumerators;
- In collaboration with the Global DTM team organize the data/information flow as per IOM procedures and ensure of its accuracy;
- Respect deadlines and ensure the accuracy of the data submitted to the relevant focal point;
- Ensure that all data collection is in line with IOM’s Data Protection Principles;
- Perform such other duties as they might be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school degree or equivalent with seven years of relevant working experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited academic institution with at least five years of responsible work experience.
- Diploma in Social Science, Geography, IT, Computer Science, or any other relevant field;
- Experience in information management, preferably in natural disaster situations;
- Minimum one year of experience in managing teams in the field;
- Experience with International Organizations, INGO an advantage;
- Knowledge of Camp Coordination and Camp Management settings appreciated.
Fluency in Ukrainian, working knowledge of English is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and security clearances.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications on IOM Personal History Form (iom.org.ua/sites/default/files/personal_history_form_0.xls) to email@example.com by 19 May 2022 the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line of your message.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 12.05.2022 to 19.05.2022