The American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) seeks a Program Manager to support a U.S. government funded project in Ukraine focused on promoting Internet freedom and online freedom of expression. He/she will take a lead role in the design and implementation of program activities. This position will eventually be based in Kyiv but for the foreseeable future it is based remotely.
· Design and oversee program activities in collaboration with colleagues, partners, and local stakeholders.
· Manages day-to-day communications with local partners.
· Provide support for program start-up and close-out.
· Administer the programmatic aspects of subawards, including developing RFAs, reviewing applications and conducting pre-award due diligence, award implementation, and close-out.
· Actively engage with subgrantees to ensure effective implementation of subgrant activities, including frequent communication, reviewing programmatic reports, and making site visits.
· Work with field financial manager to support financial activities as needed, including program budgeting.
· Communicate consistently with country director, program manager, and DC-based program staff.
· Support outreach and communications activities.
· Administer Performance Monitoring and Evaluation plan for program, including monitoring activities, collecting and analyzing data, and leading frequent evaluation check-ins with ABA ROLI DC and donors.
· Work with other program staff and program director to produce monthly and quarterly programmatic reports.
· Higher degree from an accredited university in law, international relations, international economics management or related fields, and at least 7 years of progressive experience.
· Experience working on donor funded foreign assistance programs, preferably rule of law reform, Internet freedom, and online freedom of expression.
· Strong experience administering grants programs and knowledge of donor regulations.
· Experience developing and delivering workshops and facilitating working groups.
· Experience with establishing and supporting local or regional networks preferred.
· Must be a self-starter and comfortable working independently.
· Excellent communication skills and ability stay in close coordination with program staff in Ukraine and in the U.S.
· Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with legal institutions, government officials, and international and local NGOs.
· Must be fluent in Ukrainian and English.
About the Organization
The Rule of Law Initiative is a public service project of the American Bar Association dedicated to promoting legal reform efforts in over 40 countries around the world. The Rule of Law Initiative believes that rule of law promotion is the most effective long-term antidote to the most pressing problems facing the world community today, including poverty, economic stagnation, and crippling levels of corruption. The Rule of Law Initiative concentrates its technical legal assistance efforts in the following substantive areas: 1) Anti-corruption & public integrity; 2) Criminal law & combating trafficking in persons; 3) Gender issues; 4) Human rights & conflict mitigation; 5) Judicial reform; 6) Legal education reform; and 7) Legal profession reform. The Rule of Law Initiative enlists talented individuals who possess the skills and commitment necessary to effectively promote the rule of law in our host countries. We regularly seek experienced attorneys, judges, and law professors interested in lending their expertise to our programs for both long- and short-term pro bono assignments overseas. For more information please visit our website at www.abarol.org.