HEKS/EREP is looking for the Human Resources Manager supports the HEKS/EREP team in all activities related to Human Resources according to donors’ policies and procedures and HEKS/EREP requirements. S/he ensures recruitment of employees and consultants, contract management, benefits provision, performance management, salaries calculations and employee relations.
- Identify qualified candidates, and invite and encourage prospective candidates for employment. Screen candidates in collaboration with the hiring unit, short-list the ideal candidates;
- Participate in interviews, and make hiring recommendations; Inform short-listed candidates for test/interviews and the final result; Notify applicants of results of the selection process and prepare job offers; Check references and suitability of applicants before making the offer; Discuss recruitment policies with superiors to ensure the effectiveness of selection techniques and recruitment programs; Ensure transparent and bias-free recruitment process.
- Ensure recruitment is compliant with the donor policies and procedures and Ukrainian laws
- Provide applicants and new hires with information about the job including hours and pay, tasks, responsibilities and working conditions
- Plan and deliver training sessions with regards to human resources, including travel to regional offices for training if necessary
- Establish calendar and process for completing annual and probationary employee performance evaluations.
- Establish and maintain a database of all employee contracts with dates of contract start, termination and dates and information on starting salary and increases;
- Ensure all documentation is provided to departing staff including exit orientation, return of all project properties to relevant departments; assist in drafting termination letters (when needed) and orient departing employees on benefits they are entitled to
- Ensure accurate recording of office personnel and pay records, including, but not limited to, leave taken and available
- Supervise/Manage maintenance of all staff timesheets, prepare monthly timesheet report to finance including leaves taken, changes in status, increases or transfers for the payroll
- Establish and maintain system for personnel files
- Establish and maintain a complete set of Organizational Charts, update and distribute them regularly to key staff within the project
- Manage all closeout related duties for Human Resources throughout final project closedown
- Perform other related duties as required
- At least 8 years’ experience in a similar position
- Advance IT knowledge (hardware and software, Microsoft Office, Internet)
- Previous experience with an NGO is mandatory
- Previous experience in emergency response is appreciated
- Skills: organized, sense of human relations, diplomacy, communication skills
- Fluent in Ukrainian and English (written and spoken)
Qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter in English to email@example.com. Only short-listed candidates will receive notice requesting additional information.