TERMS OF REFERENCE
FOR THE CONSULTANCY CONTRACT OF: MHPSS Hotline Operator
Duty Station of the Consultancy: Home-based
Duration of Consultancy: 3 months with the possibility of extension
Nature of the consultancy: Category [B] Consultancy
Under the overall supervision of the Psychosocial Programme Manager of IOM Ukraine, the technical supervision of the Global IOM MHPSS and Intercultural Communication Section, and the direct supervision of the MHPSS Hotline Manager, the consultant will provide individual or family consultations over the phone and through online platforms to people in need.
Project Context and Scope:
IOM Ukraine operates a well-established, toll-free mental health and support (MHPSS) hotline serving conflict-affected populations in the country. The hotline is staffed by operators, psychologists and psychiatrists who provide tailored and confidential support to people affected by conflict in Ukraine. The hotline staff has maintained the hotline’s operation throughout the ongoing war, while themselves impacted by the crisis. IOM is seeking to urgently boost the capacity of the hotline by engaging MHPSS professionals those fluent in Arabic and English languages who are compelled to lend their capacities to support the Ukrainian population affected by the conflict. The hotline can be operated via the internet – hotline staff shall provide MHPSS support to hotline callers remotely online with ICT support from IOM, and in coordination with hotline operators.
Organizational Department / Unit to which the Consultant is contributing: Emergency and Stabilization Unit, IOM Ukraine.
Category B Consultants: Tangible and measurable outputs of the work assignment
1. Provide online counseling, by remote, in Arabic, to individuals calling the hotline, or referred by other agencies for up to 4 hours a day, over the phone or online platforms.
2. Provide the management with a plan of counselling tailored on the needs of the specific individuals and families in need for follow up.
3. Report, granting confidentiality and ethical standards, on a bi-weekly basis, number of cases, number of sessions, statistics of identified problems and follow up and closure plans, according to IOM procedures.
4. Conduct group online consultations to project beneficiaries on selected topics.
5. Participate to supervision and case management sessions, as necessary.
6. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Education, Experience and/or skills required
- Advanced degree in counselling, counselling psychology, clinical psychology, social work, psychotherapy.
- Membership of a recognized relevant professional association is an asset.
- Minimum of five years of experience in the provision of individual and group psychological services.
- Experience in remote counselling methods.
- Fluency in Arabic and English is required.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their cover letters and CVs with names and contacts of three referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “MHPSS Hotline Operator” by May 19, 2022 at the latest. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
!!! Private entrepreneurs (PE) cannot be considered as applicable for providing services under this consultancy.
From 12.05.2022 to 19.05.2022