Title: Program Assistant
Reports To: Program Manager
Applications deadline: May 20, 2022
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of $90 million and a staff of over 500 professionals worldwide who implement programs and provide consulting expertise in more than 100 countries. For more detailed information about IREX please visit www.irex.org.
ABOUT UKRAINE RAPID RESPONSE FUND:
The goal of the CSO-funded Ukraine Rapid Response Fund (URRF) is to address immediate needs and enhance the resilience of Ukraine’s government, civil society, and civilian population amidst Russian invasion and potential occupation and in support of Ukraine’s national system of resilience. IREX will improve communication, coordination, and collaboration among key actors and stakeholders; strengthen their effectiveness, inclusion, and accountability; and provide direct with the goal of helping civilians and improving resilience. Using a conflict-sensitive and adaptive management approach, and a holistic approach to security, IREX will monitor, respond to, and anticipate the evolving needs of Ukrainians in this rapidly changing environment.
IREX is seeking a qualified professional to fill the position of Program Assistant for its Ukraine Rapid Response Fund (URRF). The Program Assistant will support program staff to work with stakeholders, support local actors, and in some cases provide direct assistance to address critical needs and respond to unforeseen shocks affecting civilians and other stakeholders in the Ukraine conflict. Due to the volatile program environment, specific duties and responsibilities may change rapidly, requiring a high degree of flexibility by the Program Assistant.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support project activities focused on providing rapid development aid to Ukraine;
- Under the supervision of the Program Manager, support project activities such as:
– Assist in the subgrant management
– First aid trainings and psychosocial first aid
– Distributing medical supplies, personal protective equipment, blankets, food, etc. to civilian shelters
– Hosting online presentations and discussions with international experts
– Supporting connections between various state and non-state actors
– Organizing digital and physical security trainings
– Creating and disseminating materials on securely connecting to the internet
– Using IREX’s Learn to Discern (L2D) media literacy program to help information consumers combat disinformation and propaganda
– Collecting public feedback to inform stakeholders of gaps and improve conflict-related guidance
- Provide logistics/arrangements support for staff and program participants;
- Communicate with suppliers and other subcontractors;
- Process invoices, review financial documents, and other process contractor’s requests;
- Draft program-related documents, reports, and success stories;
- Help arrange meetings for senior management as needed and requested;
- Provide support to monitoring and evaluation activities, data collection, and reporting;
- Assist program staff as needed and provide general support to staff including photocopying, filing, note-taking, and other relevant duties;
- Translate program-related documents (English, Russian, and Ukrainian);
- Assist with writing reports and monthly plans;
- Assist in the coordination of training events, including designing materials, managing project deadlines, and ensuring compliance with the budget;
- Coordinate maintenance of the program social media account as needed;
- Stay up to date with monitoring the conflict in Ukraine and how it affects staff and communities to ensure the safety of all participants;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years of experience, preferably in the NGO sector and on technical assistance projects
- Bachelor’s degree
- Good knowledge of English
- Strong intercultural and communications skills
- Skilled at handling multiple tasks and able to maintain a calm, friendly demeanor under stressful situations
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications
- Ability to be flexible and respond to a rapidly changing program environment
- BA in social science, international affairs, or similar discipline.
To Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter with “URRF Program Assistant” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18:00 PM on May 20, 2022. No phone calls please. Only complete applications will be considered. Early applications are welcomed – we can contact shortlisted candidates on a rolling basis, even before the deadline.