Chemonics International Inc. is looking for a qualified professional to fill the position Grants and Subcontracts Assistant, Kramatorsk
BACKGROUND: The five-year USAID Democratic Governance East Activity (DG East) aims to strengthen the connection and trust between citizens and their government in eastern Ukraine by promoting an inclusive civic identity, common civic values, and a unified Ukraine by addressing the divisive impacts of Russia’s aggression, and the consequences of ongoing armed conflict through increased citizen participation, improved service delivery and more responsive governance. DG East’s methodology is to (1) develop greater acceptance of a shared civic culture based on common values and understandings, and (2) increase participation to improve Ukrаine’s governance and reform processes and help to resolve community problems. DG East activities are implemented across five project offices: Kyiv, Kramatorsk, Severodonetsk, Mariupol, and Kherson. This position is assigned to support the Kramatorsk portfolio.
JOB SUMMARY: Grants and Subcontracts Assistant (Assistant) supports the DG East project grants, subcontracts and direct delivery of goods and services (DDGS) activities. The Assistant maintains systems and databases for project activities and documentation and ensures accuracy and completeness. Under the direction of the Grants and Subcontracts Manager, the Assistant is responsible for assistance with overall compliance and tracking of grants and subcontracts materials, providing administrative support during solicitation, selection, implementation and close out phases of grants and subcontracts. The Assistant coordinates with regional offices on grants, subcontrаcts and DDGS activities and maintains filing and tracking systems.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Grants and Subcontracts Manager in the production, review, and management of grants and subcontracts. Assist during applications, approvals, implementation and close-out processes.
- Provide administrative support in preparation of RFA/RFP/RFQs and after final confirmation, post announcement packages on official websites.
- Follow up on announced RFA/RFP/RFQs, collect and file applications, proposals, bids.
- Assists in scheduling and organizing pre-proposal conference and evaluation committee meetings.
- Prepare all necessary documents and packages for evaluation committee and provides information and support to evaluation panel.
- Assist Grants and Subcontracts Manager in preparation of grant agreements and subcontracts, collection of supporting documents for approval, signing and filing.
- Organize and maintain electronic and grants, subcontracts, and DDGS files and databases, labeling, and ensure that all files are timely and completely uploaded to SharePoint.
- Maintain and routinely update grant and subcontract databases, grants/subcontracts/DDGS tracker, RFA/RFP tracker, and other tracker/s as appropriate.
- Coordinate with regional offices to ensure accuracy and completeness of information and timely information sharing.
- Under the supervision of the Grants and Subcontracts Manager, submit Procurement Action Request (PARs) for in-kind grant procurement and coordinate with procurement team on in-kind grants and DDGS procurements, such as RFQ announcement, bidding, evaluation and selection process.
- Maintain the inventory tracking system for items procured under grants, coordinate with the regional offices on Grants’ inventory and on inventory disposition plans and schedules.
- Assist in submission of Grants/SC payment requests to Finance team, making sure that documentation, and disbursements under the project are in line with USAID and Chemonics procedures, and all supporting documents are attached to the payment requests.
- Provide support to the Grants and Subcontracts Manager in managing grants and subcontracts during the implementation phase, collecting reports and following up questions from beneficiaries.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
DUTY STATION: This position will be based remotely and when security permits in Kramatorsk, Ukraine.
- University degree, preferable in business administration, finance or related field.
- At least two years of relevant working experience in grants/subcontracts and/or procurement is required.
- Previous professional experience with international donor programs, particularly USAID strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively within a team.
- Excellent administrative, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Office applications.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in written form in Ukrainian and English.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to ukraineDGeastrecruit@chemonics.com with Grants and Subcontracts Assistant listed in the subject line by May 27, 2022. Candidates must ensure that CV does *not* include a photograph, date of birth and/or marital status information.No tеlephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis, and only finalists will be contacted.Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.